Friday, December 31, 2010

Lights Zooming Around The Sky And Witnesses Truck Lit Up At Strip Pits (State Park) Just East Of Columbia Missouri

Date: Late 1980/Early 1981.
Time: 1:30 a.m. - 2:30 a.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 5 – 10 ?
Shape of Objects: Spherical ?

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I noticed a bright red/orange spot in the sky, which molted into greenish blue and then I noticed white other lights streaking across the night sky toward and away from the larger spot, at rates far faster than any earthly aircraft. Then the ground around the truck began to brightly light up as if spotlighted, here and there, but with no visible 'beam' or source.

As this 'spotlight' eventually 'lit up' the truck where my infant son and I were waiting for my husband to come back with help for a flat tire that had occurred while we were out there nighttime cat-fishing in the strip pits. I began to try to communicate telepathically (in real fear and in the moment losing control of my bladder, that "Please don't do anything to my son. He's just a baby. Do whatever to me, but not my son. I'm not a threat. I'm friendly. I believe in peace for all beings of the universe and other trite sounding thoughts"

Just as quickly as this all began, I noticed the satellite white (changing to red and back) lights in the sky all zoomed toward the larger one and then 'poof' it all disappeared.

I tried to explain this all to my husband (because of the smell in the truck) but he wasn't having any of it. I waited over 20 years to bring it up to anyone again, but was so dismissed I didn't talk about it again until now.

I was searching for records on a severe downburst storm that happened in Columbia in July 1981 (that downed over 10,000 trees and almost killed my sons and me) and the Google search brought up another poster's UFO sighting file here from Columbia MO around the same time.

If I can lend any credence to their report, I hope this is helpful.

I was/am a Girl Scout First Class (equiv. to Eagle and now called Gold Award) and have extensive camping experience which includes lots of primitive camping/hiking of the Appalachian Trail.

I'm not afraid of the forest after dark. I had not smoked or drank anything that night because I was pregnant with my second son at the time. Also, if there were other reports or news about the experience at the time, I did not see/read/hear them.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment