Monday, April 4, 2011

Bright Red Object Hovering Over Markham Ontario

Date: October/November 2010
Time: Approx: 10:30 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1 - But there were other cars on the road who had to have seen it as well.
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Round.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was driving north bound on Hwy 404 at around 10:30pm one night back in either October or November 2010. I was between Elgin Mills Rd. and Stouffville Rd. where it bends to the right, a few hundred yards south of the Stouffville Rd. off ramp, when I noticed a very bright red glowing object hovering a couple hundred feet above the ground and trees in a stationary position on the west side of the 404.

I have driven this road religiously for years, and at night, so this caught my attention right away. I thought it could have been a radio tower/antenna beside the road, but there isn't one located at this spot on the highway. And I also thought it could have been a helicopter, seeing how there is an airport about 2KM south of where I was.

So I slowed down and opened my window, but could not hear anything, (I was expecting to hear helicopter rotors/engine) or see anything under the object that would explain it being there. The night sky was lit well enough for me to determine that there was nothing under the object supporting it, and there were no blinking indicator lights like you would see on domestic aircraft, and no spotlight on the object like a helicopter or airplane has on the front.

It was a rather large solid bright red object. I never came to a complete stop to further investigate, nor did I take a picture/video because I didn't have a camera on me. But as soon as it happened I texted both my girlfriend and my brother, describing to them what I saw. There were many other cars on the road that night, so I'm sure I am not the only person to have seen this, but other people may not be as observant of their surroundings as I am.

From the time I first saw the object, to the time I could no longer see it in my rear view mirror, it appeared to stay stationary in that same spot. I drove that section of the 404 the following day to double check and maybe give myself an explanation for what I had seen, and there was nothing there.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment