Sunday, April 3, 2011

Object Looked Like A Plane On Fire Over Bevendean Brighton East Sussex UK

Date: April 3, 2011
Time: Approx: 8:50 or 8:55 p.m.

Hello, At about 8:50 or 8:55pm this evening I saw something strange in the sky, so I just Googled 'Mysterious fire object seen from Sussex' and found your 'Bright Orange Light Over Horsham West Sussex UK' report.

So I must tell you what I saw. I thought it looked like a plane on fire, moving through the sky, low on the horizon, across the back of Bevendean, Brighton, and then down, somewhere visually in the area of Sussex University or possibly just north of Woodingdean.

It seemed to have a head and wings. I thought it was a plane on fire, 'or was it just a boomerang shape?' I thought afterwards because I wasn't sure if I had seen any body beyond the wings, just head and wings shape.

Image Left: Click on the image for larger view.

I have checked the news and found no news of a plane crash so far. So maybe it was a meteor moving through the atmosphere, burning up, with a tail of fire at top and bottom, bending back. I have drawn it in pen. I'll try to draw it on my computer later tonight.

It moved quite fast, I saw it for, I guess about 20 seconds, I was shocked thinking it a plane on fire so communicating this to my partner downstairs. I view it out of the north window on the first floor of a house in east Brighton.

I shall check the news again later.

Additional Information:


Hello Brian, It was dark, about 8.50 or 8.55pm. (BST). I'll attach a picture I have made of what I remember. It is difficult to be sure of certain details such as the time it took to move across the sky as I saw it, and exactly how far it moved. And I think it looked like flames because of the colour I suppose.

I think its forward trajectory slowed just before I think I saw it begin to drop. Do let me know if you hear of anyone else seeing something like this, please!

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment