Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Red Orange Fireballs Seen Over Peterborough Ontario

 
Date:  April 2011
Time:  Around 10:00 p.m.
 
My wife and I have seen 2 cases like this over the past 2 weeks. The first over our house in Peterborough; I went out around 10:00 p.m. to put the rubbish out and right in front of me just above the rising moon was a reddish-orange fireball.
 
I say fireball because the light looked more like a flame than a light. Bigger than the lights from an aircraft and one constant mass, no flashing.

I called my wife who happened to be close by and she came out and watched it with me as it moved towards us and overhead. I grabbed our binoculars and gave them to her while I went to get the camera. She tracked it in the binocs and saw a black oval mass with flame towards the rear. As it went overhead the flame subsided and she could still see the black mass, to large to be a meteor. I tried to catch it with the video camera but couldn't get it in frame and we lost it.

The 2nd last night from our hotel room in Huntingdon. I looked out of the window around 10:00 p.m. and saw a similar object approach from the right. It crossed at a speed a little quicker than a helicopter. It was bright orange, more light than flame this time. Again I called my wife and we both watched in awe as it sped past. No blinking or flashing just bright orange. It seemed to intensify as it is passed and then we lost it to the left.

Somebody else must have seen these things. They were very clear, low on the horizon and quite large.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

2 comments:

  1. i saw a glowing oragge ball in peterborough ontario on sat. my wife pointed it out to me while we were in the garage. but it just slowley faded away. it was beside the wolf radio tower

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and i just saw two glowing orange balls flying over downtown peterborough we live just off sherbrook.

    ReplyDelete