Friday, January 27, 2012

Serviceman Observes UFOs Over Moody Air Force Base Valdosta Georgia And In The North Atlantic


I was stationed at Moody Air Force base in Valdosta, Georgia in the early 70’s. My job was training student pilots in the flight simulators I was assigned to.

I was making a milk run for my family one evening in 1973, driving from our house to the base convenience store. 

The sky was clear and if you know anything about South Georgia you know that the lay of the land is very flat.

I observed an extremely fast moving light about 30 degrees above the horizon moving roughly south to north from the air base. I slowed down to watch what I now believe to be a UFO moving across the sky at an incredible rate of speed.

I observed the object abruptly change direction by what I would estimate to be 30 to 40 degrees to the east. Within just a few seconds the object was no longer in sight.

About 30 to 60 seconds later I saw two chase planes leaving the air base in what appeared to be an attempt to intercept the UFO.

The planes used to chase the object are supersonic jet training planes. What I observed was an object that was moving at what I would estimate to be at least five times faster than the jets in pursuit. Result – not even a contest. UFO was gone!

After separating from the Air Force in 1978 I worked a few odd jobs in the electronics field. I acquired a job with the Naval Oceanographic office in 1981. I was an electronic technician assigned to an oceanographic research ship that surveyed the North Atlantic.

One cloudless October evening, about 2 hours before sunset while in the North Atlantic above the Arctic Circle, I decided to take a short break while there was a lull in the ship’s activities.

I walked out to the fantail of the ship and sat with my feet hanging off of the starboard side of the ship.

The water was amazingly calm and clear. About a quarter mile from the side of the ship I observed the water glowing from below which as you might imagine immediately caught my attention.

Imagine an extremely bright spotlight shining up through crystal clear ocean water from a depth that was in the neighborhood of 8-10 thousand feet deep.

Within what I estimate to be about 2-3 seconds, a sphere of white light exited the water. I would estimate the size of the object to be the size of a beach ball.

As if that in itself was not amazing enough the object did not disturb the water at all upon exiting and was totally silent.

The object left the water and ascended vertically at an unbelievable rate of speed. I would estimate the time from exiting the water to moment the object disappeared from view into the clear evening sky to be less than 3 seconds.
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

If anyone has witnessed the objects, please send me an email with details of what you saw. Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from everywhere in the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here: http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: v_factor_paranormal@live.com or b_vike@telus.net

The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.

1 comment:

  1. i was riding down i-75 in valdosta and saw a ufo at speed i never seen before and then nit reapear and took off so fast i will never in my life foirget that never

    ReplyDelete