Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ghostly Figure Of A Man Floats Across The Floor In Vancouver British Columbia


(From Brian Vike’s UFO Files) Posted by Brian.

Note from Brian Vike: Since we are into the Halloween month of October, I thought I would pull out some of the Ghost stories I received. 

Also if you have a ghost story you think everyone would enjoy reading, please send it along and I would be happy to post the story. Please email your story to sighting@telus.net

Thank you, Brian Vike – The Vike Factor.

Date: 1983 Time: Approx: 9:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: South Vancouver.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Walking figure of a man in a longish old style tweed coat and flat tweed hat.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hello Brian, you asked for ghost stories and I happen to have had a very strange, unexplainable thing happen at my house years ago. It was approximately 9:00 p.m. in the evening, and my wife and I were sitting in the living room of our 'just bought house'.

We had only just moved in a few months previously. Our house was built in 1903 and was the first house built in our neighborhood, back when it was mostly farmland and orchards.

We had just finished dinner and were sitting watching TV and relaxing after a hard days work at our respective jobs. All of a sudden we heard a loud scraping noise coming from our basement area, and our cat came flying up the staircase all puffed up and looking completely insane and terrified at what he was seeing.

He was staring bug-eyed at the basement stairs, and from where I and my wife were sitting, we couldn't see the area that the cat could.

I jumped from my chair and ran into the kitchen, where 'Hugo' the cat was now spitting and growling madly at the top steps. I was in the process of trying to calm the cat down, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a movement, and as I turned to see what it was, when I saw the back of the figure of a man wearing a longish tweed coat and a flat old styled tweed cap moving through what was our open bathroom door into our bathroom.

I stood speechless watching this 'person' disappear across the bathroom and into our toilet area, with no apparent legs, it was just drifting over the floor. I yelled to my wife what I had seen, and after finally calming down a bit, I felt I should phone my father and see if everything was alright with my parents.

For some reason I thought I was seeing some kind of premonition of someone's demise, but everyone was fine at my parents home. I told my Dad what I'd seen and we talked about it for a bit, and he suggested I make a search downstairs in the basement, and check the floor joist patterns and see what was once built in the area directly above and into what is now our bathroom.

I did and found out that before the renovations and the added on back part of our house, the back stairs had once been located directly where the bathroom door now was situated, and whoever it was I saw that night, was walking out on to a long gone staircase, and out into our back yard.

We've lived here now for 24 years and have had a couple of other 'supernatural things' happen, but never another sighting of the old guy in the tweed coat and hat.

Thank you to the person for telling this awesome story.


Brian Vike (Retired)
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: sighting@telus.net

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment